Friday, February 6, 2009

I WHAT??!!??






I was trying to make some sort of order in my totally messed up house when Boody Boy came out to me with hands on hips and shouted, "You have ruined my life" and retreated back to his room. WOOOOOOOOOooo where did this come from? I am not a super mum but I do try (well to be a good mum not a super mum. I will leave that to the Super Mums )I was more expecting this in their teen years and probably more from Snuffy numerous times a day.



I guess things like not letting him eat chips for brekkie, lunch & dinner, not playing in the water in our back yard because there may be sewage in it from the flooding, not staying up late, not giving in to every desire when shopping, sending/not sending him to preschool(depending on the day and his mood), eating vegetables, cleaning his room and various other things must add up into his mind that I have ruined his 4 year old life.



The painstaking cakes I make every birthday from the book (that I know don't turn out anywhere like the book but I try) or the cuddles when he has a bad dream, or painting his toe nails pink when Snuffy and I do ours(please don't tell his father) or trying to keep them occupied in the (VERY) wet season with cubbies and cooking and craft in the end must of slipped his mind. Maybe I should remind him of what I went through to birth him or I might just keep that for when he is a teenager and all his friends are over.









Anyway, 10 mins after this happened my boy back and wanting his cuddles from the woman "who ruined his life."Luckily, he is over it now and I have something to file in the back of my mind for revenge later in life hehe.






4 comments:

  1. Amazing. And not fair. Sometimes they don't realise just what we go through for them. If they did, they'd kiss our feet. But instead, we kiss theirs. (Probably more pleasant anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I get told 'you've ruined me" all the time!

    but they come back when the want something, minds like goldfish at that age...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how many times I thank my mum for putting up with me!!! It's only once they become parents themselves that they will truly understand!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ruined his life for all of 10 mins. Poor kid! Isn't it terrible that you remembered that for longer than he did?

    ReplyDelete