Saturday, October 10, 2009

Ummm...sorry I think I am back


Well let me see. I haven't posted a blog in well......6 months....WOW that is a long time and a lot of things have happened. Roo emailed me and basically told me to blog again. I realise that I was asked about my Angel Baby on my page - My s-i-l sent it on facebook so I saved it to my computer and I will try to send a copy if anyone wants it.


I will try but cant promise anything.


In 6 months I have moved house to a motel. My husband and I are managers of a 50 room, restaurant and function room with state of the art equipment. Snuffy and Boody have settled in quite well except the tearing down to the office sreaming. Guests paying $180 a night dont always enjoy that. I have a chef who cooks for us 6 days a week. Now don't get me wrong, I love no cooking and I can usually slip my dishes into our dishes as well but sometimes I just crave 'normal' food. You know that spagetti on toast, noodles, vegemite on toast kind of stuff. Never thought I would say that as I sound so ungrateful. Its nice when I pick up the ratbags from daycare and we sometimes just have a boiled egg and soliders or something.

My residence is still a mess as by the end of the day I am buggered but the kids aren't ;( We work 3 months straight and have 2 weeks off so as you might have guessed, we are on our second stint.

Our lives are more of a circus now as we have 35 staff who basically act like my kids!!!! So all up i have my kids, my husband and 35 more kids. Most of my staff are 23 and under so I have my own soapies here every day. There are more relationship, alcohol and parental probs here than neighbours can cram into a half hour session and I assure you that my story line is much better thought out!!! Ever tried to smudge the lines between cleaners, reception, restaurant and kitchen staff so that everyone is as important as the other?!?!? Don't even try as it is so hard.

The biggest downfall though has been the 'w' word, yes I know I am going to say it...my 'weight!' I was eating gnocchi cabonara, chicken kiev etc and at 10 at night when you cant sleep and feeling peckish you can just toddle downstairs and out the door to the fully stocked kitchen and pull out a creme brulee or baileys sundae or strawberry suprise or profiteroles etc add some dollop cream and icecream and well need I say more? I have put on way to much padding so am on a strict diet and we have just added a new menu...hummmphhh.

We have a polish chef now and she is fantastic. Very quiet though not used to hearing silence in the kitchen other than pots flying (Chef's do actually do this - they are very tempermental and very child like) She has tried a few polish dishes for us but in this small mining town they don't understand taste but the bigwigs that stay here enjoy the diversity.

If you are bored then look up http://www.countryroadsdysart.com.au/ and tell me what you think. Have to update web page though with a few extras which I hope will be down soon by someone more computer savy than me.


We have one daycare here and well the care is lets say average. The problem is there is no where else within 100 kms so choice is limited. They are nice ladies but dont watch properly I dont believe. We also have a Kindy which is wonderful and Boody goes there 2 days a week. My baby is off to Prep next year. He is writing his name but has a terrible time holding his pencil and I can't get him to hold it properly no matter what I do.He then finds it hard to write but will just keep perservering. Snuffy has charmed the staff to her will so they get her lollies and poppers but they all want kids now (Ahh some are only 16!!!) so I make sure I bring her out in all her glory when she throws tantrums!!


We have also had a 30ieth bday for Mr Fix It and Snuffy and Boody turned 3 and 5 respectively. I made cakes but the worst thing is sharing a kitchen with a Chef and the looks they give you when you are cutting the burnt edges off your packet cake and icing with a butter knife(old habits die hard - I had no idea there was an actual 'tool' for this!!??) and heaven forbid its not all smooth!!!! A few sprinkles, sparklers and candles and wala!!! Cake-a-la-Moo.


Well I think thats all for now. I will try to post more but try is the operative word in that sentence. Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds a bit like Fawlty Towers.

    Good luck with the weight thing while that kitchen's right there... yikes. No more profiteroles at midnight, you hear? Get back on the carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you're back! And who the heck is "Roo"? Heh, kidding.

    I can't think of one good reason why the chef couldn't do you a favour and whack up an amazing creation for the kids' birthday cakes. Seems like if they've got the disdainful looks and the cake-icing tool, they've probably got the ability to do you a favour in that direction. Lean on them next year, eh?

    ReplyDelete