Thursday, March 12, 2009

Motherhood

I picked up the kids at daycare yesterday and as it was very late and neither Mr Fix It or I had finished early I did the wonderfully bad mother and wife thing and told the kids that we were having Maccas(the good old golden arches) for dinner.
As I was buckling them in their car seats and asking the how their day was and who they played with the following conversation ensued.

Boody Boy - "I love you so very, very much, so much very much"

Me - (feeling all warm and fuzzy and giving him a big hug and kiss) Thanks mate I love you so very much as well"

Boody Boy - "But when you dont buy me McDonald's I only love you this much" (he pinches his thumb and pointer together so only a sliver of light shows through)

Me - "Ohh(that floored me for a bit) That makes mummy sad when you say that because I love you very much all the time"

Boody Boy - "Well you make me sad all the time too"

What can you say to that. i guess you win some and you loose some, mainly I loose them but it all makes it worthwhile later when they cuddle up on your lap before bed, smelling all nice and clean and calm and Snuffy says "Lub oo to moon back" Ahhh Motherhood.

7 comments:

  1. Aw! I bet they both lub oo to moon back but sometimes lack of love is more tangible for them to express. What lovely kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are very honest aren't they. I get lots of high 5's & love you's too whenever we visit the golden arches......

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest some days I would love anyone who took me to Maccas too. I think the stuff has drugs in it to make you want to go back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you said, you win some, you lose some. I guess us Moms have to have thick skin for those kinds of moments. But, I can bet that when the right moment arises (a skinned knee, woken from a bad dream, etc.) there's nothing but a mother's touch that can make you forget your pain and feel completely and utterly loved. That is the reward. And, the "lub oo to the moon"s are always fantastic, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many days where I am torn between the whole rewards of parenthood and the next second torn between advertising for giveaway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are just too honest! Its cute though.i love it when my kids pull out the real love comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At least he's honest! Isn't he such a little man, though - the way to his heart is through his stomach!

    ReplyDelete